Full course description
Effective People Management requires practice, a willingness to engage in active listening, and a desire to understand our own biases. This session will cover a series of case studies that will allow you to analyze and discuss in small groups, various strategies that you can use to engage your employees through continuous and consistent feedback to improve their performance and meet business outcomes.
The course is offered LIVE via Zoom and is not Self-Paced.
Live Session Date:
January 12th, 2023 from 10am – 12pm
Mark your calendar for this, as you will not be sent a calendar invitation.
When the course opens in Canvas (the first of the month of the Live Session date), you will receive an email from Canvas with a link to log in.
The course will be available from the 1st of the month, through the last day of the month surrounding the live session. For example, in October, Live Sessions on October 11th and October 13th, both courses will open on October 1st and close on October 31st.
As a Supervisory Academy participant there are a few expectations:
- Complete your StrengthsFinder assessment before your first session.
- Complete the Pulse Survey once per quarter. (For more information, review the Pulse Survey Instructions in LearnMed.)
- Complete all pre- and post-work surrounding the Live Session.
- Attend the full Live Session.
- Complete the Feedback Survey any time after the Live Session.
Of note, this is a Stanford University Staff course. If you are not a Stanford University Staff member, you will not receive credit for this course.