Full course description
In this session, the course facilitators will start by providing foundational definitions and frameworks on JEDI concepts including social identity, marginalization, oppression, power, and privilege. These frameworks will be used for participants to self-interrogate their own identities. The facilitators will then move to understanding these identities as a manager and in relationship to their direct reports. Participants will leave with tools that can be used for continual reflection.
The course is offered LIVE via Zoom and is not Self-Paced.
Live Session Date:
November 8th, 2022 from 10am – 12pm
Mark your calendar for this, as you will not be sent a calendar invitation.
When the course opens in Canvas (the first of the month of the Live Session date), you will receive an email from Canvas with a link to log in.
The course will be available from the 1st of the month, through the last day of the month surrounding the live session. For example, in October, Live Sessions on October 11th and October 13th, both courses will open on October 1st and close on October 31st.
As a Supervisory Academy participant there are a few expectations:
- Complete your StrengthsFinder assessment before your first session.
- Complete the Pulse Survey once per quarter. (For more information, review the Pulse Survey Instructions in LearnMed.)
- Complete all pre- and post-work surrounding the Live Session.
- Attend the full Live Session.
- Complete the Feedback Survey any time after the Live Session.
Of note, this is a Stanford University Staff course. If you are not a Stanford University Staff member, you will not receive credit for this course.