Full course description
This course reviews the responsibilities of a principal investigator (PI) and the importance of protocol adherence. Types of protocol deviations and their repercussions are explained along with safety reporting requirements as well as the difference between adverse and serious adverse events. A brief review of recordkeeping is also described. Lastly, examples of clinical research versus medical treatment are also provided along with case studies.
By attending this workshop, you will:
- Understand the responsibilities of a PI as it relates to protocol adherence
- Communicate the types of protocol deviations and their repercussions
- Identify safety reporting requirements and the difference between adverse and serious adverse events
- Summarize recordkeeping requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of the difference between clinical research and medical treatment
Speaker: Kiera Davis, RN, BSN.
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am
Location: Virtual Class. Please return to the course website to save Zoom information.
Clinical Research Operations Program: Elective
Core Competency: Study and Site Management
Research coordinators, nurses, faculty, staff and post-doctoral scholars working on clinical research projects at Stanford University.