Full course description
Essentials of Clinical Research Course
The course introduces the basics of clinical research design, including: biostatistics, design of diagnostic and predictive test studies, required/desired elements of clinical trial protocols, the regulatory aspects of clinical research conduct and oversight, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and ethical dimensions of clinical research.
Open to faculty, fellows and staff at Stanford University and CTSA Affiliates.
Gain knowledge on each of the below topics. Video recording and materials for educational purposes. Videos available through Nov. 30, 2023.
· Getting Started: The Research Landscape (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
· Designing and Conducting RCTs
· Designing and Conducting Observational Studies
· Design of Diagnostic Studies
· Qualitative Research and Questionnaire Design (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
· Research Reproducibility, Data Management, and Collection
· Ethics and Clinical Research
· Developing a Clinical Protocol
· Running a Clinical Trial
· Trial Closeout (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
More information and syllabus available here.
Questions? Contact Jessica Meyer MBA, at firstname.lastname@example.org