Full course description
Essentials of Clinical Research Course
This 10-session course introduces the basics of clinical research design, including: biostatistics, design of diagnostic and predictive test studies, required/desired elements of clinical trial protocols, the regulatory aspects of clinical research conduct and oversight, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and ethical dimensions of clinical research.
Open to faculty, fellows and staff at Stanford University and CTSA Affiliates.
A certificate of completion is offered to those who attend a minimum of 8 sessions and complete the required evaluations, and overall program evaluation.
Classes are held on Thursdays from 4:00 – 6:00 pm from January 12 through March 16, 2023.
Register here https://bit.ly/ecr2023reg
Session topics include the following:
· Getting Started: The Research Landscape (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
· Designing and Conducting RCTs
· Designing and Conducting Observational Studies
· Design of Diagnostic Studies
· Qualitative Research and Questionnaire Design (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
· Research Reproducibility, Data Management, and Collection
· Ethics and Clinical Research
· Developing a Clinical Protocol
· Running a Clinical Trial
· Trial Closeout (Hybrid, in-person & zoom)
More information and syllabus available here.
Questions? Contact Jessica Meyer MBA, at email@example.com