Full course description
This workshop will provide an introduction on community engaged research (CEnR), including the definition of CEnR, the benefits of CEnR, important principles of conducting CEnR, and supportive resources available for research teams at Stanford Medicine. We will focus on the role of the research coordinator or project manager in facilitating partnerships between study partners, study participants, and PI/investigators/study team(s). The workshop will also include interactive activities to engage the attendees and deepen their understanding of Community Engaged Research.
- Understand community engaged research and why medical and clinical research need it
- Understand important principles of conducting CEnR
- Learn about the support resources for CEnR at Stanford Medicine
- Identify funding opportunities for CEnR
- eceive practical tips and ideas for working with community partners and principal investigators on CEnR projects
Date: Thursday, Mar. 16, 2023
Time: 12:15 - 1:45 PM
Location: Virtual. After enrolling, return to the course webpage from your training dashboard to save the zoom link to your calendar.
- Wei-ting Chen, PhD., Executive Director, Office of Community Engagement at Stanford Medicine and Food for Health Equity Lab
- Dongmei Tan, MPH, Community-Engaged Research Manager, Maternal & Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) at Stanford School of Medicine
- Cristina Natalí Mancera, M.A., Community Engagement Capacity Building Program Manager, Office of Community Engagement at Stanford Medicine